09 May 2008

This is Bob Barker saying...

The last two weeks of biking to work have been particularly quiet, almost without adventure. Normally, throughout the winter and spring, my 20 min bike route to Colindres was always spiced up by one challenge. We're not talking about the zombies from Paperboy, but rather. A dog. Most people would be able to say what kind of dog it was with its proper name, but I can just say it is small, white and black, and barks and jumps high. In fact, every time I rode by the dog's house he would chase after me jumping at my legs, even occasionally jumping over my lap while I was riding my bike. Quite impressive really...and quite annoying. I had been perfecting my strategy slowing over the months, with a very slow approach before I start pumping my legs and trying to zoom by before he realized what happened. However, about two weeks ago he was mysteriously gone. Well, to my surprise, yesterday the dog was back! This time however, I prepared my strategy and as I approached, I noticed he didn't even flinch or move off the ground. Maybe it's the heat or maybe, just maybe, Bob Barker got to him and made him and it. He seems mournful and listless...which makes my bike ride more peaceful and just a little bit boring.

1 comment:

MVB said...

fuck, i hate those zombies from paper boy.